This page has 4 definitions of outdoors in English and Portuguese. Outdoors is an adverb and noun. Examples of how to use outdoors in a sentence are shown. Also define these 8 related words and terms: inside, open, environment, enclosed, structure, natural, countryside, and outdoor.
outdoors (not comparable)
- Not inside a house or under covered structure; unprotected; in the open air.
- They went outdoors to light up their cigarettes.
Inside definitionThe interior or inner part. (1 of 6 inside definitions)
- out of doors (dated)
- (often preceded by "the") The environment outside of enclosed structures.
Environment definitionThe surroundings of, and influences on, a particular item of interest. (1 of 7 environment definitions)
- (often preceded by "the") The natural environment in the open air, countryside away from cities and buildings.
- She loves the outdoors.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Dictionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- plural of