This page has two definitions of wrongly in English. Wrongly is an adverb. Examples of how to use wrongly in a sentence are shown. Also define these 0 related words and terms: .
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɹɒŋ.li/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɹɔŋ.li/
- (cot–caught merger) IPA(key): /ˈɹɑŋ.li/
Audio (US) (file)
- In violation of a moral or other standard, code, or convention; in an unfair, unjust, dishonest, or immoral manner; unfairly, unjustly, dishonestly, immorally, wrongfully; wrongly convicted is synonymous with wrongful conviction and miscarriage of justice.
- Incorrectly, mistakenly; by error.
- I wrongly assumed that it would be an easy job.
In American English, this word usually has a moral connotation, although it is not wrong to use "wrongly" as the opposite of "correctly".