This page has two definitions of unaware in English. Unaware is an adjective. Examples of how to use unaware in a sentence are shown. Also define these 3 related words and terms: aware, informed, and knowledge.
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌʌnəˈwɛɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌʌnəˈwɛə/
- (Scotland) IPA(key): /ˌʌnəˈweːɹ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛə(ɹ)
- Not aware or informed; lacking knowledge.
- I'm unaware of the answer to that question.
- Luckily, she was unaware that I'd spent the last five years in prison.
- 1989, Journal of contemporary psychotherapy, volume 19:
- The more unaware the self is of other selves, that is, the more complete the splits, the greater the degree of schizoid pathology.
Informed definitionsimple past tense and past participle of
- Not noticing; paying no heed; thoughtless; inattentive.
- (not aware or informed; lacking knowledge): clueless
- unawares adverb