training wheels definition
This page has two definitions of training wheels in English. Training wheels is a noun. Also define these 0 related words and terms: .
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈtɹeɪnɪŋ wiːlz/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈtreɪnɪŋ ˌ(h)wilz/
- Hyphenation: train‧ing wheels
- (figuratively) Anything designed to make something easier for a novice.
- 2019 August 14, A. A. Dowd, “Good Boys Puts a Tween Spin on the R-rated Teen Comedy, to Mostly Funny Effect”, in The A.V. Club, archived from the original on 4 March 2021:
- Yet as with Booksmart, the summer's earlier riff on that Apatovian classic, there are times when Good Boys feels a little too nice to actually be uproarious. In more ways than one, it's the training wheels for a better comedy—a slightly edgier and funnier one.
- plural of