This page has 10 definitions of spiritual in English and Romanian, Moldavian, Moldovan. Spiritual is an adjective and noun. Examples of how to use spiritual in a sentence are shown. Also define these 0 related words and terms: .
English spiritual definition
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈspɪɹɪtʃʊəl/, /ˈspɪɹɪtjʊəl/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈspɪɹɪtʃuəl/, /ˈspɪɹɪ̈t͡ʃul̩/
Audio (US) (file)
- Of or pertaining to the spirit or the soul.
- Respect towards ancestors is an essential part of Thai spiritual practice.
- Of or pertaining to God or a place of worship; sacred.
- Of or pertaining to spirits; supernatural.
- 2014 March 3, Zoe Alderton, “‘Snapewives’ and ‘Snapeism’: A Fiction-Based Religion within the Harry Potter Fandom”, in Religions, volume 5, number 1, MDPI, DOI:10.3390/rel5010219, pages 219-257:
- Despite personal schisms and differences in spiritual experience, there is a very coherent theology of Snape shared between the wives. To examine this manifestation of religious fandom, I will first discuss the canon scepticism and anti-Rowling sentiment that helps to contextualise the wider belief in Snape as a character who extends beyond book and film.
- Consisting of spirit; not material; incorporeal.
- a spiritual substance or being
- Of or relating to the intellectual and higher endowments of the mind; mental; intellectual.
- (Christianity) Controlled and inspired by the Holy Spirit; pure; holy.
- Not lay or temporal; relating to sacred things; ecclesiastical.
- the spiritual functions of the clergy; lords spiritual and temporal; a spiritual corporation
spiritual (plural spirituals)
- A Christian religious song, especially one in an African-American style, or a similar non-religious song.
- Any spiritual function, office, or affair.
- He assigns supremacy to the pope in spirituals, and to the emperor in temporals. — Lowell.
- spiritual at OneLook Dictionary Search.
- spiritual in Keywords for Today: A 21st Century Vocabulary, edited by The Keywords Project, Colin MacCabe, Holly Yanacek, 2018.
- spiritual in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
Romanian spiritual definition