This page has 5 definitions of select in English and Romanian, Moldavian, Moldovan. Select is an adjective and verb. Examples of how to use select in a sentence are shown. Also define these 0 related words and terms: .
English select definition
- Privileged, specially selected.
- Only a select few were allowed into the premiere.
- 1849–1861, Thomas Babington Macaulay, chapter 20, in The History of England from the Accession of James the Second, volume (please specify |volume=I to V), London: Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, OCLC 1069526323:
- A few select spirits had separated from the crowd, and formed a fit audience round a far greater teacher.
- 1892, Walter Besant, chapter III, in The Ivory Gate […], New York, N.Y.: Harper & Brothers, […], OCLC 16832619:
- At half-past nine on this Saturday evening, the parlour of the Salutation Inn, High Holborn, contained most of its customary visitors. […] In former days every tavern of repute kept such a room for its own select circle, a club, or society, of habitués, who met every evening, for a pipe and a cheerful glass.
- Of high quality; top-notch.
- This is a select cut of beef.
- To choose one or more elements of a set, especially a set of options.
- He looked over the menu, and selected the roast beef.
- The program computes all the students' grades, then selects a random sample for human verification.
- (databases) To obtain a set of data from a database using a query.
Romanian select definition
select m or n (feminine singular selectă, masculine plural selecți, feminine and neuter plural selecte)