This page has 4 definitions of salvation in English and Middle English. Salvation is a noun and verb. Examples of how to use salvation in a sentence are shown. Also define these 0 related words and terms: .
English salvation definition
- salvatioun (obsolete)
- (religion) The process of being saved, the state of having been saved (from hell).
- Collective salvation is not possible without personal salvation, but the latter is achievable.
- The process of being restored or made new for the purpose of becoming saved; the process of being rid of the old poor quality conditions and becoming improved.
- 1964 May, “News and Comment: Minister hamstrings BR workshops”, in Modern Railways, page 291:
- If the Government believes that part of the railways' salvation is to be found in ridding them of extraneous concerns, it should have had the courage either to close the railway works down as quickly as possible, or to hive them off as an entirely separate concern, [...].
- (in religion): damnation
Middle English salvation definition
- Alternative form of