This page has 3 definitions of pessimistic in English. Pessimistic is an adjective. Examples of how to use pessimistic in a sentence are shown. Also define these 0 related words and terms: .
- Marked by pessimism and little hopefulness; expecting the worst.
- a pessimistic view of the future
- Pertaining to the worst-case scenario.
- a pessimistic estimate
- (computing) Taking out exclusive locks on data to prevent conflicts with other processes that might modify it.
- pessimistic concurrency; pessimistic locking