This page has 8 definitions of pennant in English. Pennant is a noun. Examples of how to use pennant in a sentence are shown. Also define these 0 related words and terms: .
pennant (plural pennants)
- A flag normally used by naval vessels to represent a special condition.
- The broad pennant flown by commodores.
- The church pennant indicating religious services are taking place aboard ship.
- The commissioning pennant flown on ceremonial occasions.
- (sports) The winning of a competition, represented by a flag.
- The New York Yankees have won the American League pennant far more often than any other team.
- A rope or strap to which a purchase is hooked.
- A sandstone between coal measures in parts of South Wales
- Either of two species of libellulid dragonfly of the genus Macrodiplax, of the tropics and subtropics.