on course definition
This page has 3 definitions of on course in English. On course is a prepositional phrase. Also define these 0 related words and terms: .
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) Following the intended route.
- (idiomatic) Proceeding smoothly as planned.
- 2011 October 23, Phil McNulty, “Man Utd 1 - 6 Man City”, in BBC Sport:
- United were reduced to 10 men when Jonny Evans was sent off early in the second half but City's superiority was such that they looked on course for a landmark victory from the moment they took the lead.
- (idiomatic) Likely to happen or to undergo something.
- 2020 April 12, Simon Tisdall, “US's global reputation hits rock-bottom over Trump's coronavirus response”, in The Guardian:
- That’s a title the US appears on course to lose – a fall from grace that may prove irreversible. The domestic debacle unleashed by the pandemic, and global perceptions of American selfishness and incompetence, could change everything.