This page has 3 definitions of formally in English. Formally is an adverb. Examples of how to use formally in a sentence are shown. Also define these 0 related words and terms: .
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈfɔɹməli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈfɔːməli/
- Homophone: formerly (nonrhotic accents)
- In a formal manner.
- He was dressed too formally for the occasion.
- In accordance with official procedure.
- He formally filed a complaint, which involved much paperwork.
- In accordance with rigorous rules.
- He proved it formally but gave his students no intuitive feel for the matter.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Dictionary:Entry layout § Translations.