This page has 3 definitions of find out in English. Find out is a verb. Examples of how to use find out in a sentence are shown. Also define these 6 related words and terms: discover, asking, investigating, disobedient, dishonest, and weakness.
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) To discover, as by asking or investigating.
- I don't know who the twenty-first president of the United States was, but it should be very easy to find out.
- 2020 December 2, Paul Bigland, “My weirdest and wackiest Rover yet”, in Rail, page 68:
- I haven't booked, so I don't have a clue as to whether the service will be busy or not. Supposedly, reservations are compulsory, but I want to find out what would happen if you just turn up.
- To discover or expose (someone) as disobedient, dishonest, etc.
- He had been fiddling the books for years, but finally he was found out.
Disobedient definitionNot obedient.
- To uncover a weakness in (someone).
- He may cope with the multiple choice questions, but the written exam will find him out.
- If you don't try, you do not find it out.