This page has 16 definitions of examine with English translations in 5 languages. Examine is a verb and noun. Examples of how to use examine in a sentence are shown. Also define these 20 related words and terms: observe, inspect, careful, critical, check, health, condition, determine, aptitude, skill, qualification, examination, interrogate, examiner, examen, eu, examinar, ele, ela, and você.
- examin (obsolete)
- to observe or inspect carefully or critically
- He examined the crime scene for clues.
- She examined the hair sample under a microscope.
- 1992, Rudolf M[athias] Schuster, The Hepaticae and Anthocerotae of North America: East of the Hundredth Meridian, volume V, New York, N.Y.: Columbia University Press, →ISBN, page vii:
- With fresh material, taxonomic conclusions are leavened by recognition that the material examined reflects the site it occupied; a herbarium packet gives one only a small fraction of the data desirable for sound conclusions. Herbarium material does not, indeed, allow one to extrapolate safely: what you see is what you get […]
- 2019 February 3, “UN Study: China, US, Japan Lead World AI Development”, in Voice of America, archived from the original on 7 February 2019:
- The new study examines development activities for different AI technologies worldwide.
Audio (US) (file)
- to check the health or condition of something or someone
- The doctor examined the patient.
- to determine the aptitude, skills or qualifications of someone by subjecting them to an examination
- to interrogate
- The witness was examined under oath.
- inflection of
- first-person singular (eu) present subjunctive of examinar
Examinar definitionto check, test (1 of 2 examinar definitions)
- third-person singular (ele and ela, also used with você and others) present subjunctive of examinar
Ele definitionthe name of the Latin-script letter L.
Ela definitionthe name of the Latin-script letter L.
Você definition(1 of 4 você definitions)
- third-person singular (você) affirmative imperative of examinar
- third-person singular (você) negative imperative of examinar