Define the English word cnidarian below. Cnidarian is a noun. Also define these 0 related words and terms: .
- (UK) IPA(key): /nɪˈdɛː.ɹɪ.ən/, /nʌɪˈdɛː.ɹɪ.ən/
- (US) IPA(key): /naɪˈdeɹ.i.ən/, /nɪˈdeɹ.i.ən/
- Rhymes: -ɛəɹiən
cnidarian (plural cnidarians)
- (zoology) Any of various invertebrate animals, such as jellyfish, hydras, sea anemones, corals and formerly sponges and ctenophores that belong to the phylum Cnidaria. [from 19th c.]
- 2016, Peter Godfrey-Smith, Other Minds, William Collins, published 2018, page 35:
- A general feature of cnidarians, as I noted above, is their stinging cells.