This page has 4 definitions of building in English and French. Building is a noun and verb. Examples of how to use building in a sentence are shown. Also define these 0 related words and terms: .
English building definition
- (uncountable) The act or process by which something is built; construction.
- Synonym: construction
- The building of the bridge will be completed in a couple of weeks.
- (countable) A closed structure with walls and a roof.
- 2013 July 19, Mark Tran, “Denied an education by war”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 6, page 1:
- One particularly damaging, but often ignored, effect of conflict on education is the proliferation of attacks on schools […] as children, teachers or school buildings become the targets of attacks. Parents fear sending their children to school. Girls are particularly vulnerable to sexual violence.
- My sister lives in that apartment building.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Dictionary:Entry layout § Translations.
French building definition
building m (plural buildings)