build bridges definition
Define the English word build bridges below. Build bridges is a verb. Examples of how to use build bridges in a sentence are shown. Also define these 0 related words and terms: .
- (Received Pronunciation, General American) IPA(key): /bɪld ˈbɹɪd͡ʒɪz/
Audio (AU) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɪdʒɪz
- Hyphenation: build bridg‧es
- (intransitive, idiomatic) Often followed by between or to: to establish friendly relations or links.
- Antonym: burn one's bridges
- to build bridges between China and the West
- build a bridge and get over it
- burn that bridge when one comes to it
- cross that bridge when one comes to it