Define the English word Judaism below. Judaism is a proper noun. Also define these 0 related words and terms: .
From Middle English Iudaisme, from Late Latin iūdaismus, from Ancient Greek Ἰουδαισμός (Ioudaismós), from Ῐ̓ουδαῖος (Ioudaîos) + -ισμός (-ismós), from Ῐ̓ούδᾱ (Ioúdā) + -ιος (-ios), from Biblical Hebrew יְהוּדָה (Yəhūḏā(h), “Judah”). Doublet of Judezmo.
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈd͡ʒuːˌdeɪ.ɪz.əm/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈd͡ʒuː.deɪˌɪz.əm/, /ˈd͡ʒuː.diˌɪz.əm/, /ˈd͡ʒuː.dəˌɪz.əm/, /d͡ʒuˈdeɪˌɪz.əm/
Audio (US) (file)
- An Abrahamic religion tracing its origin to the Hebrew people of the ancient Middle East, as documented in their religious writings, the Tanakh.
- 2021, Dr Philippa Kaye, Doctors Get Cancer Too, Vie Books, page 216:
- I am a person of faith, and I am proud of my Judaism, its culture, its traditions and most importantly its belief in the family.
- (religions) religion; agnosticism, Asatru, atheism, Ayyavazhi, Baháʼí Faith, Bon, Buddhism, Cao Dai, Cheondoism, Christianity, deism, Druidry, Druze, Eckankar, Heathenry, Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Jediism, Juche, Judaism, Kimbanguism, Odinism, paganism, Pastafarianism, Raëlism, Rastafarianism, Rodnovery, Romuva, Samaritanism, Sanamahism, Shinto, Sikhism, Taoism, Thelema, Unitarian Universalism, Wicca, Yahwism, Yazidism, Yoruba, Zoroastrianism (Category: en:Religion)