Define the English word Fregatidae below. Fregatidae is a proper noun. Also define these 4 related words and terms: family, order, Suliformes, and frigatebird.
- A taxonomic family within the order Suliformes – the frigatebirds.
Family definitionA group of people who are closely related to one another (by blood, marriage or adoption); kin; in particular, a set of parents and their children; an immediate family. (1 of 12 family definitions)
Order definitionArrangement, disposition, or sequence. (1 of 26 order definitions)
Suliformes definitionA taxonomic order within the subclass Aves – a recently accepted order containing the frigatebirds, boobies, cormorants, and darters.
Frigatebird definitionAny of five species of bird in the genus Fregata, the only genus in the family Fregatidae.
- (family): Fregata (sole genus)
- Gill, F. and Wright, M. (2006) Birds of the World: Recommended English Names, Princeton University Press, →ISBN
Fregatidae on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
Fregatidae on Wikispecies.Wikispecies
Fregatidae on Wikimedia Commons.Wikimedia Commons
- Fregatidae at Integrated Taxonomic Information System.
- Fregatidae at the Tree of Life Web Project
- Fregatidae at Encyclopedia of Life
- Fregatidae at National Center for Biotechnology Information
- Fregatidae at Paleology Database