World Day Against Child Labour
International holiday, held every June 12th
Top 6 World Day Against Child Labour related articles
|World Day Against Child Labour|
|Observed by||UN Members|
|Observances||UN, International Labour Organization|
|Next time||12 June 2021|
The World Day Against Child Labour is an International Labour Organization (ILO)-sanctioned holiday first launched in 2002  aiming to raise awareness and activism to prevent child labour. It was spurred by ratifications of ILO Convention No. 138 on the minimum age for employment and ILO Convention No. 182 on the worst forms of child labour.
The World Day Against Child Labour, which is held every year on June 12, is intended to foster the worldwide movement against child labour.
The International Labour Organization (ILO), the United Nations body that regulates the world of work, launched the World Day Against Child Labour in 2002 in order to bring attention and join efforts to fight against child labour. This day brings together governments, local authorities, civil society and international, workers and employers organizations to point out the child labour problem and define the guidelines to help child labourers.
According to ILO's data, hundreds of millions of girls and boys throughout the world are involved in work that deprives them of receiving an adequate education, health, leisure and basic freedoms, violating this way their rights. Of these children, more than half are exposed to the worst forms of child labour. These worst forms of child labour include work in hazardous environments, slavery, or other forms of forced labour, illicit activities such as drug trafficking and prostitution, as well as involvement in armed conflict.
World Day Against Child Labour Background articles: 5
The Significance of the World Day Against Child Labour is to pay attention to the problem of child labour and to find ways to eradicate it. The day is used to spread awareness about the harmful mental and physical problems faced by children forced into child labour, all over the world.
-  ILO news, Published 5 June 2002, Retrieved 14 January 2020
- Text of ILO Convention 138
- "Text of ILO Convention 182".
- "World Day Against Child Labour 2020: Protecting children from labour in times of COVID-19 pandemic". www.timesnownews.com. Retrieved 2020-06-12.
- Nations, United. "World Day Against Child Labour". United Nations. Retrieved 2020-06-12.
- Team, BS Web (2020-06-12). "World Day against Child Labour 2020: Theme, importance in times of Covid-19". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2020-06-12.
- "World Day Against Child Labour 2020: History, significance & this year's theme". DNA India. 2020-06-12. Retrieved 2020-06-12.
- World Day Against Child Labour
- International Labour Organization
- International Programme on the Elimination of Child Labour (IPEC)