One of a number of different weight classes in mixed martial arts
Top 3 Welterweight (MMA) related articles
- The UFC's welterweight division, which groups competitors within 156 to 170 lb (71 to 77 kg)
- The ONE Championship's welterweight division, with upper limit at 84 kg (185.2 lb)
Welterweight (MMA) Intro articles: 3
Ambiguity and clarification
Many other sports that use the welterweight class, such as boxing, kickboxing, and Muay Thai, define it as below about 147 lbs (67 kg). The MMA welterweight class is therefore significantly heavier than the welterweight class of these other sports. For the sake of uniformity, many American mixed martial arts websites refer to competitors between 156 and 170 lb (71 and 77 kg) as welterweights. This encompasses the Shooto middleweight division (167 lb / 76 kg).
Welterweight (MMA) Ambiguity and clarification articles: 7
This table is not always up to date. Last updated August 24, 2020.
|UFC||March 3, 2019||
||19–1 (8KO 2SUB)||5|
|Bellator MMA||October 26, 2019||
||32–7 (14KO 12SUB)||0|
|ONE Championship||October 25, 2019||
||23–4 (8KO 4SUB)||1|
|Fight Nights Global||April 6, 2019||
||12–3 (8KO 1SUB)||2|
|KSW||October 6, 2018||
||18–3 (15KO 1SUB)||1|
|Titan FC||March 15, 2019||
||9–1 (4KO 2SUB)||1|
|ACA||September 5, 2020||
||19–4 (10KO 1SUB)||0|
|Legacy Fighting Alliance||August 21, 2020||
Welterweight (MMA) Professional Champions articles: 16
Most wins in Welterweight title bouts
- Note: the list includes wins in bouts for welterweight titles of major promotions (UFC, Strikeforce, WEC, Bellator)
- Note: the list includes both undisputed and interim champions
- Active title reign
|Name||Promotion||Title bout wins|
||WEC, Strikeforce||5 (1 WEC, 4 Strikeforce)|
||WEC, UFC||5 (4 WEC, 1 UFC)|
- List of current MMA Welterweight champions
- List of UFC Welterweight Champions
- List of Strikeforce Welterweight Champions
- List of Pancrase Welterweight Champions
- a.^ Fight was recorded as a "Majority Decision Draw". Woodley retained his title.
- "Nevada Revised Statutes: Chapter 467 - Unarmed Combat". www.leg.state.nv.us. Retrieved 2007-02-20.
- "Unified Rules of MMA". Association of Boxing Commissions. Archived from the original on 2012-07-05. Retrieved 2012-07-15.