There Is Such a People
Populist political party
|Founded||16 February 2020|
|Headquarters||70th Building, Odrin St., Sofia|
|TV station||7/8 TV|
|Political position||Big tent|
|Colours||Light blue |
65 / 240
0 / 17
There Is Such a People, sometimes translated as There Is Such A Nation (Bulgarian: Има такъв народ, abbreviated ИТН, romanized: Ima takăv narod, abbreviated ITN), is a populist big tent political party in Bulgaria established by Bulgarian singer, TV host and politician Slavi Trifonov. Self-described as a "political product", the party is named after one of Trifonov's own musical albums.
Name of the party
Trifonov originally attempted to set up a party under the name of "There is No Such State" (Bulgarian: Няма такава държава, romanized: Nyama takava dărzhava), but the application was turned down, causing him to change the name to "There Is Such a People".
- Switching from a proportional representation system of voting to a constituency-based two-round system for national elections, and single transferable vote for EU and municipal council elections
- Halving the number of members in the National Assembly (from 240 to 120)
- Allowing remote electronic voting in elections and implementing elements of e-government
- Compulsory voting
- Introduction of some aspects of direct democracy, including direct elections of directors of the regional directorates and the heads of the regional departments of the Ministry of Interior, the Prosecutor General, and the Ombudsman
- Further integration with the European Union
- Further support to social security of families
|Apr 2021||564,989||17.36 (#2)||
51 / 240
|Jul 2021||657,824||24.08 (#1)||
65 / 240
- "The Many Forms of Celebrity Populism in Eastern Europe". Europe Elects. 2020-07-25. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- "Слави Трифонов: Направеното от ГЕРБ трябва да бъде изчегъртано". bnr.bg (in Bulgarian). BNR. 8 May 2021.
- "Former Talk Show Host Slavi Trifonov Establishes "There's No Such State" Political Party". BTA. 5 October 2019. Retrieved 4 August 2020.
- "Окончателно: Отказват регистрация на партия "Няма такава държава"". bTV Новините: Новини (in Bulgarian). 2020-01-21. Retrieved 2020-08-06.