Istanbul Railway Museum
Railway Museum in Istanbul
Top 9 Istanbul Railway Museum related articles
İstanbul Demiryolu Müzesi
Location in Istanbul
|Established||September 23, 2005|
|Location||Sirkeci, Istanbul, Turkey|
|Website||Istanbul Railway Museum|
The Istanbul Railway Museum (Turkish: İstanbul Demiryolu Müzesi) is a railway museum situated within the historic İstanbul Sirkeci Terminal at Sirkeci neighborhood of Fatih district in Istanbul, Turkey. Opened on September 23, 2005, the museum is owned and operated by the Turkish State Railways (TCDD).
In the museum, which is housed in the 1888-built and 1890-opened railway terminal, around 300 historical items are on display. The exhibits of the museum covering an area of 145 m2 (1,560 sq ft) include parts of the trains and the railway stations, photographs, and related documents. A few of these are furniture and silver services used in dining cars, station office equipment, the driver cab of an electric suburban train, manufacturer plates of some historic TCDD rolling stock, warning plates, and a station's clock and bell.
- Çamlık Railway Museum in Selçuk, Izmir Province
- TCDD Open Air Steam Locomotive Museum in Ankara
- Atatürk's Residence and Railway Museum
- "Istanbul Railway Museum". TCDD Turkish State Railways. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "İstanbul Demiryolu Müzesi" (in Turkish). İstanbuk Net. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Demiryolu Müzesi'ni bir yılda 52 bin kişi gezdi". Sabah (in Turkish). 2007-02-19. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Demiryolu müzesi ziyaretçileri". Hürriyet (in Turkish). 2007-01-31. Retrieved 2013-04-03.