Australian business magazine
|Frequency||weekly until 28 November 2013, then online only|
|Final issue||28 November 2013|
|Company||Fairfax Media - Financial Review Group|
BRW (formerly Business Review Weekly) was an Australian business magazine published by the Fairfax Media group. The magazine was headquartered in Melbourne. It regularly compiled lists which rank corporations and individuals according to various criteria, similar to Fortune magazine in the United States. BRW provided news and commentary on the economy, business and investment in Australia. The magazine reported on successful business strategies, investments and entrepreneurialism. Cover stories and features concentrated on ways to make money and improve businesses. Each week BRW focused on a sector or topic relevant to business people or investors.
BRW (magazine) Intro articles: 4
Print edition axed
From December 2013, BRW became an online-only publication and the paywall previously in place was removed. Some popular annual lists will also be published in Fairfax's The Australian Financial Review. On 4 March 2016, Fairfax announced the closure of the BRW website, with staff and the BRW website to be redirected to a new section of The Australian Financial Review. Rich lists, which would also be published by The AFR would continue to carry the BRW branding.
Overview of "The Australian Financial Review" article
Each year BRW names the 200 richest people in Australia and the magazine regularly includes stories about how the wealthy made their money and what they will do next.
Other annual lists published by BRW include:
- Fast 100 list
- Young Rich list
- Top 50 Sports earners
- Top 50 Entertainers
- Executive Rich list
- Fast Franchises list
- Fast Starters list
- Australia's Best Places to Work
- Entrepreneur of the Year
- Private Business Awards
- The ''BRW/beaton'' Client Choice Awards
- The 30 Most Innovative Companies
BRW (magazine) BRW lists articles: 2
BRW Fast Club
In 2009 BRW launched the BRW Fast Club, which was developed to drive new business opportunities, forge partnerships and discuss current business issues for Australia’s fastest growing businesses. The BRW Fast Club is a community of like-minded entrepreneurs that comprises members of the BRW Fast 100, BRW Fast Franchises and BRW Fast Starters lists from the past five years; members of the BRW Top 500 Private Companies List; and businesses who fit the criteria of the above and supply their company financials for verification. The BRW Fast Club meet throughout the year to network and discuss topics relating to cash flow management, strategic planning, business expansion, offshore expansion, finance (including managing capital and finding new sources), sales, how to sell your business, and IPOs.
Overview of "Initial public offerings" article
- Business review weekly: BRW. WorldCat. OCLC 10249354.
- "Publisher loses fight to keep BRW in print", The Australian, 12 October 2013. Retrieved 13 October 2013.
- Leo D'Angelo Fisher (25 November 2013). "After 32 years, BRW goes out of print". BRW. Archived from the original on 20 November 2015. Retrieved 10 November 2015.
- Ward, Miranda (4 March 2016). "Fairfax Media to close BRW website with team joining new Leadership section at AFR". Mumbrella. Retrieved 4 March 2016.
- Larissa Ham (14 November 2012). "BRW Fast 100: From public housing to fitness empire. Jetts". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Tinkler tops young rich list". ABC News. 21 September 2011. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- Chris Zappone (20 January 2010). "Greg Norman leads BRW Top 50 Sports Earners list". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- Andrew Hornery, Private Sydney (1 December 2010). "BRW richest entertainers 2010| Walking With Dinosaurs| Gerry Ryan". The age. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Andrew 'Twiggy' Forrest tops BRW Executive Rich List". The Courier-Mail. 23 March 2011. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- News Limited (7 November 2011). "Return of the old-fashioned milkman service". News. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Press Release: C3 Business Solutions speeds ahead, ranking in 2011 BRW Fast 100". Prwire.com.au. 27 October 2011. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- News Limited (23 June 2011). "'Hip' Google the best place to work in Australia". News. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "The 2011 BRW Entrepreneur of the Year | Business | Central Coast Business Insider". Businessinsider.net.au. 30 March 2011. Archived from the original on 9 August 2011. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Distribution Central tops BRW Private Business Awards - nick verykios, distribution central". ARN. 25 August 2011. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- Kate Mills (15 March 2012). "BRW/Beaton Client Choice Awards: And the winners are..." BRW. Archived from the original on 20 March 2012. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- "The 30 Most Innovative Companies". brw.com.au. 6 December 2012. Archived from the original on 16 May 2013. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "BRW Fast Club". BRW. Archived from the original on 20 November 2012. Retrieved 20 November 2012.