|CEO||John J "Hap" Fauth|
|Sail no.||Boat name|
|The Mule (AM38)|
American Magic was eliminated from the Prada Cup semi finals by Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli on Saturday 30th January 2021, after 4 consecutive defeats.
American Magic Intro articles: 4
The team was established in October 2017 with the intention to return the America's Cup to the United States and the NYYC. Management consists of John J. "Hap" Fauth's Bella Mente Racing, Doug DeVos's Quantum Racing, and Roger Penske under the NYYC burgee.
The Team name, "American Magic" refers to the first Cup winner, the yacht America of 1851, and the first defender, the yacht Magic, who won in 1870. The America's Cup trophy was held by the NYYC for 132 years until 1983. The NYYC's reign was the longest winning streak - as measured by years - in the history of all sports.
American Magic History articles: 10
The Team first entered international competition on 15 January 2021 in the 2021 Prada Cup. On 17 January during the round-robin stage Patriot capsized while rounding Gate 5 when a gust of wind caught the sails causing the leeward running backstay to not release and preventing the mainsail from being eased. No crew was reported injured but the incident caused a large hole in the hull and for a time it was at significant risk of sinking. Hutchinson and Barker were onboard. Per race rules, Luna Rossa Challenge was awarded the victory.
The team returned to racing for the Prada Cup Semi-Final, but American Magic was eliminated from the competition by Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli on Saturday 30 January 2021, after 4 consecutive defeats.
American Magic Competition articles: 2
The team has two America's Cup 75 class (AC75) boats. The AC75 is a 75ft sailing hydrofoil monohull class specifically designed for the 36th America's Cup. The team also built an 'American Magic 38' (AM38) foiling monohull using a modified McConaghy 38 monohull , known as 'The Mule'.
|club||yacht name||christening date||builder||notes|
||The Mule'||9 November 2018||American Magic||test boat|
||Defiant||14 September 2019||American Magic||test boat|
||Patriot||16 October 2020||American Magic||race boat|
American Magic Fleet articles: 3
- America's Cup Team: American Magic
- NYYC American Magic Announces Roster for 36th America’s Cup
- Alan Baldwin (27 March 2018). Ed Osmond (ed.). "Sailing: 'American Magic' to challenge for 2021 America's Cup". Reuters.
- John Rousmaniere (1983). The America's Cup 1851–1983. Pelham Books. ISBN 978-0-7207-1503-3.
- How the America’s Cup contenders compare going into the Prada Cup
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0gb0Lb2gzM Missing or empty
- A first flight and a name
- Patriot christened and launched
- Chase boats alongside also providing flotation, by tying themselves up to attachment points on Patriot.