1991 Soviet Second League, Zone West
Top 3 1991 Soviet Second League, Zone West related articles
|Relegated||4 teams (cancelled)|
|Top goalscorer||(22) - Ihor Yavorsky (Niva Ternopol)|
The group (zone) consisted predominantly out of Ukrainian clubs. With fall of the Soviet Union and discontinuation of Soviet competition, most clubs of the group joined their top national leagues. Because of the Nagorno-Karabakh War (Operation Ring), many clubs refused to travel to Azerbaijan and were awarded technical losses.
1991 Soviet Second League, Zone West Intro articles: 3
Zone 1 (Ukraine)
- Torpedo Zaporozhie – Winner of the Lower Second League (Returning after a season)
- Sudnostroitel Nikoplayev – Runner-up of the Lower Second League (Returning after a season)
Zone 3 (Azerbaijan)
- Karabakh Agdam – Winner of the Lower Second League (Returning after a season)
- Torpedo Taganrog – Winner of the Lower Second League (Returning after a season)
- Tigina-Apoel Bendery – Runner-up of the Lower Second League (Returning after a season)
- KIM Vitebsk – Runner-up of the Lower Second League (Returning after a season)
Transferred team from other zones
- Azerbaijani teams that in 1990 competed in Zone "Center" of the Second League moved to Zone "West", while Armenian teams were moved to their place.
- Prior to the start of the season Kapaz Gandzha was renamed to Dinamo Gandzha.
- Prior to the start of the season Tigina Bendery was renamed to Tigina-Apoel Bendery.
|3||Dinamo Gandzha||42||26||4||12||48||48||0||56 (+20)||
|11||Karabakh Agdam||42||20||2||20||20||47||-27||42 (+22)||
|21||Goyazan Kazakh||42||13||2||27||29||61||-32||28 (+8)||
- Numerous clubs refused to play away games in Azerbaijan due to the Nagorno-Karabakh War (Operation Ring). All Azerbaijani clubs received multiple technical wins such Dinamo Gandzha 10 technical wins, Karabakh Agdam - 11, Goyazan Kazakh - 4.
- Teams that refused to play against all Azerbaijani clubs: Dnepr Mogilev and KIM Vitebsk.
- Teams that refused to play against Dinamo Gandzha and Karabakh Agdam: Niva Ternopol, Volyn Lutsk, Tigina-Apoel Bendery, SKA Odessa, Dnepr Mogilev, Kremen Kremenchug, Sudnostroitel Nikolayev, Dinamo Brest, KIM Vitebsk, and Khimik Grodno.
- Teams that refused to play against Goyazan Kazakh only: Zarya Lugansk and Niva Vinnitsa.
1991 Soviet Second League, Zone West Teams articles: 5
The following were the top ten goalscorers.
|1||Ihor Yavorsky||22||Nyva Ternopil|
|2||Yuriy Horyachev||19||Sudobudivnyk Mykolaiv|
|Oleksandr Sevidov||Zorya Luhansk|
|4||Viktor Sakhno||18||Zaria Balti|
|5||Vitaliy Parakhnevych||16||SKA Odessa|
|6||Oleh Volotek||15||Zorya Luhansk|
|Aleksandr Gridyushko||KIM Vitebsk|
|Ivan Shariy||Nyva Vinnytsia|
|9||Volodymyr Mozolyuk||14||Volyn Lutsk|
|Sergei Muradyan||Kremin Kremenchuk|
|Oleg Radushko||Dnepr Mogilev|