1987 Baltimore Orioles season
Major League Baseball season
- 1 Offseason
- 2 Regular season
- 3 Roster
- 4 Player stats
- 5 Farm system
- 6 References
|1987 Baltimore Orioles|
|Major League affiliations|
|Owner(s)||Edward Bennett Williams|
|General manager(s)||Hank Peters|
|Manager(s)||Cal Ripken, Sr.|
(Chuck Thompson, Brooks Robinson)
Home Team Sports
(Rex Barney, Mel Proctor, John Lowenstein)
(Jon Miller, Jack Wiers)
|< Previous season Next season >|
1987 Baltimore Orioles season Intro articles: 3
- January 30, 1987: Jack O'Connor was signed as a free agent by the Orioles.
- February 12, 1987: Ray Knight was signed as a free agent by the Orioles.
- March 30, 1987: Rich Bordi was released by the Orioles.
- On April 15, 1987, Juan Nieves threw the first no hitter in Milwaukee Brewers history. The Brewers beat the Baltimore Orioles by a score of 7-0.
Opening Day starters
|Toronto Blue Jays||96||66||0.593||2||52–29||44–37|
|New York Yankees||89||73||0.549||9||51–30||38–43|
|Boston Red Sox||78||84||0.481||20||50–30||28–54|
Record vs. opponents
1987 American League Records
Sources:              
- May 22, 1987: John Shelby and Brad Havens were traded by the Orioles to the Los Angeles Dodgers for Tom Niedenfuer.
- June 2, 1987: Jack Voigt was drafted by the Orioles in the 9th round of the 1987 Major League Baseball Draft.
- June 23, 1987: Doug Corbett was signed as a free agent with the Orioles.
- August 21, 1987: Doug Corbett was released by the Orioles.
- August 31, 1987: Mike Flanagan was traded by the Orioles to the Toronto Blue Jays for Oswaldo Peraza and a player to be named later. The Blue Jays completed the deal by sending José Mesa to the Orioles on September 4.
1987 Baltimore Orioles season Offseason articles: 11
|1987 Baltimore Orioles|
1987 Baltimore Orioles season Roster articles: 23
Starters by position
Note: Pos = Position; G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
|SS||Cal Ripken, Jr.||162||624||157||.252||27||98|
Note: G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
1987 Baltimore Orioles season Player stats articles: 6
- Jack O'Connor page at Baseball Reference
- Ray Knight page at Baseball Reference
- Rich Bordi page at Baseball Reference
- Great Baseball Feats, Facts and Figures, 2008 Edition, p.143, David Nemec and Scott Flatow, A Signet Book, Penguin Group, New York, ISBN 978-0-451-22363-0
- John Shelby page at Baseball Reference
- Jack Voigt page at Baseball Reference
- Doug Corbett page at Baseball Reference
- Mike Flanagan page at Baseball Reference
- Johnson, Lloyd, and Wolff, Miles, ed., The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball". Durham, North Carolina: Baseball America, 1997