1969 Canadian Grand Prix
Formula One motor race held in 1969
Top 10 1969 Canadian Grand Prix related articles
|1969 Canadian Grand Prix|
|Date||20 September 1969|
|Official name||IX Player's Grand Prix of Canada|
|Location||Mosport International Raceway, Ontario, Canada|
|Course||Permanent racing facility|
|Course length||3.957 km (2.458 mi)|
|Distance||90 laps, 356.13 km (221.22 mi)|
|Weather||Mild with temperatures approaching 21.1 °C (70.0 °F); wind speeds up to 10.1 kilometres per hour (6.3 mph)|
The 1969 Canadian Grand Prix was a Formula One motor race held at Mosport Park on September 20, 1969. It was race 9 of 11 in both the 1969 World Championship of Drivers and the 1969 International Cup for Formula One Manufacturers. The 90-lap race was won from pole position by Belgian driver Jacky Ickx in a works Brabham-Ford, with teammate Jack Brabham second and Jochen Rindt third in a works Lotus-Ford.
1969 Canadian Grand Prix Intro articles: 2
||Matra-Ford||89||+ 1 Lap||2||3|
||McLaren-Ford||87||+ 3 Laps||9||2|
||Matra-Ford||84||+ 6 Laps||15||1|
||Lotus-Ford||81||+ 9 Laps||16|
||BRM||80||+ 10 Laps||18|
||Eagle-Climax||22||Driving Too Slowly||17|
- In this race, Al Pease became the only driver in F1 history to be disqualified for driving too slowly.
- This was the only race in which a car with four-wheel drive scored points, Johnny Servoz-Gavin finishing sixth in his Matra MS84.
- This was also the final 1-2 finish for Brabham until the 1974 United States Grand Prix.
Championship standings after the race
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings. Only the best 5 results from the first 6 rounds and the best 4 results from the last 5 rounds counted towards the Championship. Numbers without parentheses are Championship points; numbers in parentheses are total points scored.
1969 Canadian Grand Prix Classification articles: 8
- "Weather information for the "1969 Canadian Grand Prix"". The Old Farmers' Almanac. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "1969 Canadian Grand Prix". formula1.com. Archived from the original on 9 January 2015. Retrieved 22 December 2015.
- Edmondson, Laurence (5 February 2010). "Drivers who failed to make the grade". ESPN. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- "Canada 1969 - Championship • STATS F1". www.statsf1.com. Retrieved 14 March 2019.
1969 Italian Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship
1969 United States Grand Prix
1968 Canadian Grand Prix
|Canadian Grand Prix||Next race:|
1970 Canadian Grand Prix