1963 Italian Grand Prix
Formula One motor race held in 1963
Top 3 1963 Italian Grand Prix related articles
|1963 Italian Grand Prix|
|Date||September 8, 1963|
|Official name||XXXIV Gran Premio d'Italia|
Autodromo Nazionale di Monza|
|Course||Permanent racing facility|
|Course length||5.750 km (3.573 mi)|
|Distance||86 laps, 494.500 km (307.268 mi)|
|Weather||Warm, dry and sunny|
|Time||1:38.9 on lap 60|
The 1963 Italian Grand Prix was a Formula One motor race held at Monza on September 8, 1963. It was the seventh of ten races in both the 1963 World Championship of Drivers and the 1963 International Cup for Formula One Manufacturers. At this race, Scottish driver Jim Clark clinched the World Championship crown with three races to go, the first time anyone had done so.
The organizers had planned to run on the full 10 km circuit but the very bumpy (and in some places ruined) nature of the banked concrete curves provoked much criticism and also caused accidents. Therefore, at the drivers' request, for the next day it was decided to revert to the 5.75 km road layout.
This race was Scuderia Ferrari's 100th start in a World Championship event as a team.
1963 Italian Grand Prix Intro articles: 4
1963 Italian Grand Prix YouTube videos
- Jim Clark became the first driver to win the Drivers' World Championship with 3 races left to go. Lotus-Climax also won the Constructors' Championship.
- This was the last ever Formula One race with a distance of more than 300 miles.
Championship standings after the race
- Notes: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings. Only the best 6 results counted towards the Championship. Numbers without parentheses are Championship points; numbers in parentheses are total points scored.
1963 Italian Grand Prix Classification articles: 8
- Privateer Ferrari's entry in 1950 French Grand Prix, which is often a source of incorrect count for their races as a team (as opposed to as a manufacturer) doesn't count towards the team's participation.
- "1963 Italian Grand Prix". formula1.com. Archived from the original on 6 March 2014. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "Italy 1963 - Championship • STATS F1". www.statsf1.com. Retrieved 1 March 2019.
1963 German Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship
1963 United States Grand Prix
1962 Italian Grand Prix
|Italian Grand Prix||Next race:|
1964 Italian Grand Prix