1925 Allan Cup
1925 Allan Cup Intro articles: 3
Change in format
In February 1925, CAHA vice-president Frank Sandercock submitted a proposal to change the Allan Cup finals to a best-of-three games format instead of a two-game series decided on total goals scored. Public sentiment at the time was that in a two-game series, a lucky break was enough to decide the series, whereas a best-of-three format was less likely for that to happen. CAHA president Silver Quilty announced that the change was approved by a special vote and was put into effect for the 1925 competition.
1925 Allan Cup Change in format articles: 2
- Port Arthur 4 University of Toronto 0
- Port Arthur 3 University of Toronto 2
1925 Allan Cup Final articles: 2
- "Talbot Is Ineligible". Lethbridge Herald. Lethbridge, Alberta. February 20, 1925. p. 3.
- "More Allan Cup Play-Off Squabble". Lethbridge Herald. Lethbridge, Alberta. February 21, 1925. p. 6.
- "May Play Three Games For Allan Cup In Future". Winnipeg Free Press. Winnipeg, Manitoba. February 21, 1925. p. 17.
- "C.A.H.A. Leader Gives Result Of Last Vote". Winnipeg Tribune. Winnipeg, Manitoba. February 25, 1925. p. 14.