This page has two definitions of unable in English. Unable is an adjective and verb. Examples of how to use unable in a sentence are shown. Also define these 4 related words and terms: able, ability, render, and disable.
- Not able; lacking a certain ability.
- 2011 December 21, Tom Rostance, “Fulham 0-5 Man Utd”, in BBC Sport:
- Fulham switched off as Giggs took a quick corner to Valencia. He played it back to Giggs, whose cross was headed in by Nani with the lurking Rooney unable to add a touch.
- 2013 June 28, Joris Luyendijk, “Our banks are out of control”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 3, page 21:
- Seeing the British establishment struggle with the financial sector is like watching an alcoholic […]. Until 2008 there was denial over what finance had become. […] But the scandals kept coming, […]. A broad section of the political class now recognises the need for change but remains unable to see the necessity of a fundamental overhaul.
- Are you unable to mind your own business or something?
Able definitionEasy to use. (1 of 10 able definitions)
Ability definitionSuitableness. (1 of 8 ability definitions)