This page has 9 definitions of traditional in English. Traditional is an adjective and noun. Examples of how to use traditional in a sentence are shown. Also define these 10 related words and terms: in lieu of, composer, music, traditional Chinese, simplified, person, traditional art, digital, traditional grip, and matched.
- Of, relating to, or derived from tradition.
- This dance is one of the traditional customs in the area.
- I think her traditional values are antiquated.
- Communicated from ancestors to descendants by word only.
- traditional expositions of the Scriptures.
- Observant of tradition; attached to old customs; old-fashioned.
- In lieu of the name of the composer of a piece of music, whose real name is lost in the mists of time.
- Relating to traditional Chinese.
- Coordinate term: simplified
- The traditional form of the character has twice as many strokes as the simplified form.
traditional (plural traditionals)