This page has 4 definitions of strictly in English. Strictly is an adverb. Examples of how to use strictly in a sentence are shown. Also define these 10 related words and terms: strict, limited, only, narrow, mathematics, every, member, set, interval, and function.
- In a strict manner.
- He adhered strictly to the diet his doctor prescribed.
- In a limited manner; only
- 1945 August 17, George Orwell [pseudonym; Eric Arthur Blair], chapter 6, in Animal Farm: A Fairy Story, London: Secker & Warburg, OCLC 3655473:
- This work was strictly voluntary, but any animal who absented himself from it would have his rations reduced by half.
Limited definitionsimple past tense and past participle of
Only definitionAlone in a category. (1 of 4 only definitions)
- In a narrow or limited sense.
- That term refers strictly to smaller birds.
- (mathematics) In a manner that applies to every member of a set or every interval of a function
Every definitionAll of a countable group (considered individually), without exception. (1 of 3 every definitions)
Function definitionWhat something does or is used for. (1 of 11 function definitions)