This page has 7 definitions of refrigerate in English, Italian, and Latin. Refrigerate is a verb. Examples of how to use refrigerate in a sentence are shown. Also define these 5 related words and terms: cool down, refrigerator, refrigerare, refrigerato, and refrigero.
- (transitive, obsolete in general sense) To cool down, make cool.
- 1624, Democritus Junior [pseudonym; Robert Burton], The Anatomy of Melancholy: […], 2nd edition, Oxford, Oxfordshire: Printed by John Lichfield and James Short, for Henry Cripps, OCLC 54573970:, Bk.I, New York 2001, p.149:
- the other [artery] goes to the lungs, to fetch air to refrigerate the heart.
- (transitive) Now specifically, to keep cool by containing within a refrigerator.
- Please refrigerate your uncooked meats at or below 40° Fahrenheit.
- (within a refrigerator): fridge
- inflection of
Refrigerare definitionto cool, refrigerate
- feminine plural of
Refrigerato definitionpast participle of refrigerare