This page has 4 definitions of parliamentary in English. Parliamentary is an adjective and noun. Examples of how to use parliamentary in a sentence are shown. Also define these 0 related words and terms: .
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌpɑːləˈmɛnt(ə)ɹi/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌpɑɹləˈmɛntəɹi/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛntəɹi
parliamentary (not comparable)
- Of, relating to, or enacted by a parliament
- Parliamentary procedures are sometimes slow.
- Having the supreme executive and legislative power resting with a cabinet of ministers chosen from, and responsible to a parliament.
- Britain is a parliamentary democracy.
- (Britain, historical, railways) Of a class of train which, by an act of parliament, ran both ways along a line, at least once each day, at the rate of one penny per mile.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Dictionary:Entry layout § Translations.
parliamentary (plural parliamentaries)