This page has two definitions of ownership in English. Ownership is a noun. Examples of how to use ownership in a sentence are shown. Also define these 6 related words and terms: legal, control, possession, proprietorship, business, and responsibility.
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈoʊnɚʃɪp/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈəʊnəʃɪp/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: own‧er‧ship
- The state of having complete legal control of something; possession; proprietorship.
- (business) Responsibility for something.
- The successful candidate will take ownership of all internal design projects.