- 1 English
- 2 Danish
- 3 French
- 4 Swedish
This page has 9 definitions of motivation with English translations in 4 languages. Motivation is a noun. Examples of how to use motivation in a sentence are shown. Also define these 5 related words and terms: motivate, incentive, reason, advertising, and motivation.
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
motivation (plural motivations)
- Willingness of action especially in behavior.
- The action of motivating.
- Something which motivates.
- An incentive or reason for doing something.
- (advertising) A research rating that measures how the rational and emotional elements of a commercial affect consumer intention to consider, visit, or buy something.
- The motivation scores showed that 65% of people wanted to visit our website to learn more about the offer after watching the commercial.
- intrinsic motivation
- extrinsic motivation
- (advertising, research rating that measures how a commercial affect consumer intention): The Advertising Research Handbook Charles E. Young, Ideas in Flight, Seattle, WA, April 2005
Motivation definitionWillingness of action especially in behavior. (1 of 5 motivation definitions)
motivation f (plural motivations)
- “motivation” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- motivation; willingness of action
|Declension of motivation|