This page has 5 definitions of internal in English and Indonesian. Internal is an adjective. Examples of how to use internal in a sentence are shown. Also define these 6 related words and terms: inside, within, domestic, non-public, internal, and intern.
- inside of something
- We saw the internal compartments of the machine.
Inside definitionThe interior or inner part. (1 of 5 inside definitions)
- within the body
- Her bleeding was internal.
Within definitionIn the inner part, spatially; physically inside. (1 of 3 within definitions)
- concerned with the domestic affairs of a nation, state or other political community.
- The nation suffered from internal conflicts.
- the minister of internal affairs
- concerned with the non-public affairs of a company or other organisation
- An internal investigation was conducted.
Non-Public definitionAlternative spelling of
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Dictionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- internal in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- internal in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
- internal at OneLook Dictionary Search
From English internal, from Middle English internall, internalle, from Medieval Latin internālis (“of or pertaining to the inner part”), from Latin internus (“internal”) + -ālis, equivalent to intern + -al.
- “internal” in Kamus Besar Bahasa Indonesia (KBBI) Daring, Jakarta: Badan Pengembangan dan Pembinaan Bahasa, Kementerian Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan Republik Indonesia, 2016.