This page has 7 definitions of immigrate in English, Italian, and Latin. Immigrate is a verb, an adjective and noun. Also define these 4 related words and terms: immigrato, immigrata, immigrare, and immigro.
English immigrate definition
- enPR: ĭʹmĭ.grāt'
- (Received Pronunciation, General American) IPA(key): /ˈɪmɪɡɹeɪt/
- Homophone: emigrate (pin-pen merger)
- (intransitive) To move into a foreign country to stay permanently.
Italian immigrate definition
immigrate f pl
- plural of
Immigrata definitionfemale equivalent of immigrato (“immigrant”)
- second-person plural present of
Immigrare definitionto immigrate
- second-person plural imperative of
- feminine plural past participle of
Latin immigrate definition