This page has 4 definitions of imbue in English, French, and Latin. Imbue is a verb and adjective. Examples of how to use imbue in a sentence are shown. Also define these 6 related words and terms: wet, stain, permeate, impregnate, imbu, and imbuo.
English imbue definition
- (transitive) To wet or stain an object completely with some physical quality.
- The shirt was imbued with his scent.
- In general, to act in a way which results in an object becoming completely permeated or impregnated by some quality.
- The entire text is imbued with the sense of melancholy and hopelessness.
- Imbue takes meaning from the word imbibe, which means "to absorb or to be filled with".
French imbue definition
Latin imbue definition