This page has 7 definitions of graduation in English and French. Graduation is a noun. Examples of how to use graduation in a sentence are shown. Also define these 0 related words and terms: .
English graduation definition
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌɡɹædʒuˈeɪʃən/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌɡɹædjuˈeɪʃən/
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
Audio (UK) (file)
- The action or process of graduating and receiving a diploma for completing a course of study (such as from an educational institution).
- The graduation ball was the students' chance to say goodbye to each other.
- After my graduation, I took a year out to travel, then went into an office job.
- A commencement ceremony.
- (sciences) A marking (e.g., on a container) indicating a measurement, usually one of many such markings that are each separated by a constant interval.
- Synonym: scale
- The exposure of a liquid in large surfaces to the air, so as to hasten its evaporation.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Dictionary:Entry layout § Translations.
French graduation definition
graduation f (plural graduations)
- graduation sense #3 (A marking (e.g., on a container) indicating a measurement, usually one of many such markings that are each separated by a constant interval)
- The process of creating such markings.
- Encoding of a sound or image producing a digital signal of which one may use a greater or lesser part corresponding to better or worse quality.