This page has 5 definitions of fidget in English. Fidget is a verb and noun. Also define these 10 related words and terms: wiggle, twitch, move, nervous, idly, uneasy, tweed, ulster, habitually, and fidgeter.
- (intransitive) To wiggle or twitch; to move the body, especially the fingers, around nervously or idly.
- 1993, Mike Leigh, Naked, spoken by Johnny (David Thewlis):
- Will you stop fucking about and fidgeting in my peripherals? I'm trying to concentrate.
Wiggle definitionTo move with irregular, back and forward or side to side motions; To shake or jiggle.
Idly definitionWithout specific purpose, intent or effort. (1 of 2 idly definitions)
- (transitive) To cause to fidget; to make uneasy.
fidget (plural fidgets)
- A nervous wriggling or twitching motion.
- (informal) A person who fidgets, especially habitually.
- Synonym: fidgeter
Fidgeter definitionOne who fidgets, especially habitually.
- A toy intended to be fidgeted with.