This page has 15 definitions of execute with English translations in 4 languages. Execute is a verb and participle. Examples of how to use execute in a sentence are shown. Also define these 24 related words and terms: capital, crime, perform, law, carry out, effect, binding, valid, contract, computing, launch, run, start, open, executus, eu, executar, ele, ela, você, yo, usted, él, and ella.
English execute definition
- (transitive) To kill as punishment for capital crimes.
- There are certain states where it is lawful to execute prisoners convicted of certain crimes.
- (transitive) To carry out; to put into effect.
- Your orders have been executed, sir!
- I'll execute your orders as soon as this meeting is adjourned.
- 1667, John Milton, “Book 9”, in Paradise Lost. A Poem Written in Ten Books, London: […] [Samuel Simmons], […], OCLC 228722708; republished as Paradise Lost in Ten Books: […], London: Basil Montagu Pickering […], 1873, OCLC 230729554:
- Why delays / His hand to execute what his decree / Fixed on this day?
- (transitive) To perform.
- to execute a difficult piece of music brilliantly
- to execute a turn in ballet
- (transitive, law) To carry out, to perform an act; to put into effect or cause to become legally binding or valid (as a contract) by so doing.
- to execute a contract
Carry Out definitionTo hold while moving it out. (1 of 3 carry out definitions)
Binding definitionImposing stipulations or requirements that must be honoured. (1 of 2 binding definitions)
- (transitive, computing) To start, launch or run
- (intransitive, computing) To run, usually successfully.
- The program executed, but data problems were discovered.
Latin execute definition
- (Classical) IPA(key): /ek.seˈkuː.te/, [ɛk.s̠ɛˈkuː.t̪ɛ]
- (Ecclesiastical) IPA(key): /ek.seˈku.te/, [ɛk.sɛˈkuː.t̪ɛ]
Portuguese execute definition
- first-person singular (eu) present subjunctive of executar
Eu definitionalternative form of io
Executar definitionto execute
- third-person singular (ele and ela, also used with você and others) present subjunctive of executar
Ele definitionthe name of the Latin-script letter L.
Ela definitionthe name of the Latin-script letter L.
Você definitionsecond-person singular personal pronoun; you (1 of 2 você definitions)
- third-person singular (você) affirmative imperative of executar
- third-person singular (você) negative imperative of executar
Spanish execute definition
- First-person singular (yo) present subjunctive form of executar.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) present subjunctive form of executar.
Usted definitionsecond person formal; you (singular) (1 of 2 usted definitions)
- Third-person singular (él, ella, also used with usted?) present subjunctive form of executar.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) imperative form of executar.