This page has 3 definitions of equality in English. Equality is a noun. Also define these 0 related words and terms: .
- æquality (archaic)
- The fact of being equal.
- (mathematics) The fact of being equal, of having the same value.
- The equal treatment of people irrespective of social or cultural differences.
- 2020 December 12, Ouyang Fei, “The Issue of Equality in the U.S. Election and Its Communist Roots”, in Minghui:
- Jefferson was talking about the equality of natural human rights. You have freedom, and I have freedom. You and I have equal rights to freedom.
- (fact of being equal): equivalence parity
- (fact of being equal): difference, inequality, nonequivilence
- (equal treatment of people): discrimination, inequality
fact of being equal
mathematics: fact of having the same value
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Dictionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- equality at OneLook Dictionary Search
- equality in Keywords for Today: A 21st Century Vocabulary, edited by The Keywords Project, Colin MacCabe, Holly Yanacek, 2018.
- "equality" in Raymond Williams, Keywords (revised), 1983, Fontana Press, page 117.
- equality in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.