This page has 6 definitions of commemorate in English, Italian, and Latin. Commemorate is a verb. Examples of how to use commemorate in a sentence are shown. Also define these 8 related words and terms: honour, memory, ceremony, object, serve, commemorare, commemorato, and commemoro.
English commemorate definition
- (transitive) To honour the memory of someone or something with a ceremony or object.
- On November 11th we commemorate the fallen with a march.
- 2009, Naava Piatka, No Goodbyes: A Father-Daughter Memoir of Love, War and Resurrection, page 98:
- On the anniversary of Korczak's murder, Israel commemorated him with a special postal issue. As a stamp collector and philatelic columnist, it pleased me greatly when other countries followed Israel's example in honoring him.
- (transitive) To serve as a memorial to someone or something.
- The cenotaph commemorates the fallen.
Italian commemorate definition
- second-person plural present indicative of
Commemorare definitionto commemorate (1 of 2 commemorare definitions)
- second-person plural imperative of
- feminine plural of
Commemorato definitionpast participle of commemorare
Latin commemorate definition