This page has 6 definitions of boxing in English. Boxing is a verb and noun. Also define these 9 related words and terms: box, sports, gloved, fist, knockout, technical knockout, construction, casing, and heap.
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈbɒksɪŋ/
Audio (RP) (file)
- (General American) enPR: bäksʹĭng, IPA(key): /ˈbɑːksɪŋ/
- Rhymes: -ɒksɪŋ
- Hyphenation: box‧ing
- (sports) A sport where two opponents punch each other with gloved fists, the object being to score more points by the end of the match or by knockout, or technical knockout.
Sports definitionplural of
Gloved definitionWearing gloves.
boxing (plural boxings)
- Material used for making boxes or casing.
- (construction) Casing.
- (object-oriented programming) Automatic conversion of value types to objects by wrapping them within a heap-allocated reference type.
- (programming): unboxing