as much as definition
This page has 5 definitions of as much as in English. As much as is an adverb and conjunction. Examples of how to use as much as in a sentence are shown. Also define these 0 related words and terms: .
- Almost, but not quite.
- She as much as admitted to lying.
- 1921, Edwin Balmer, "Settled Down", in Everybody's Magazine, volume 44, number 2, February 1921, page 50 :
- It's too damn foolish; why he as much as said so himself.
- 2005, Brigitte Goldstein, translator, Mr. Brecher's Fiasco, →ISBN, page 154 :
- For as soon as he as much as took out his pince-nez to read the newspaper, the privy councilor's wife was his advance trumpeter, who sounded the fanfare and said, "Now Papa puts on his eyes."
- Used other than figuratively or idiomatically: see as, much.
- Take as much as you like.
- Used to say that two things are equal in amount or degree
- He likes caramel as much as he likes fudge.
- Used to say that an amount is as large as another amount
- He earns nearly as much as she does.
- Even though; despite the fact that
- As much as I dislike him, I still voted for him.
two things are equal in amount or degree
even though; despite the fact that
- as much as at OneLook Dictionary Search