This page has 4 definitions of Venice in English and Middle English. Venice is a proper noun. Also define these 0 related words and terms: .
English Venice definition
Venice (plural Venices)
- A maritime city and associated province of Veneto, Italy.
- 2010, Graham Holderness, Shakespeare and Venice, →ISBN, page 141:
- As I indicated at the outset, for us Shakespeare's Venetian plays lie between the early modern republic described in Chapter 2, and all the subsequent Venices of our experience, education and imagination, […]
- The historical maritime empire of Venice.
- A neighborhood of Los Angeles, California.
city and province in Italy
- → Japanese: ベニス (Benisu), ヴェニス (Venisu)
- → Korean: 베니스 (Beniseu)
- → Mandarin: 威尼斯 (Wēinísī)
- → Cantonese: 威尼斯 (wai1 nei4 si1)
- → Welsh: Fenis
Middle English Venice definition
- Alternative form of