- 1 English
- 2 Catalan
- 3 Finnish
- 4 Polish
- 5 Portuguese
This page has 38 definitions of Oxford with English translations in 5 languages. Oxford is a proper noun and noun. Examples of how to use Oxford in a sentence are shown. Also define these 53 related words and terms: Oxfordshire, England, habitational, surname, county seat, Lafayette County, Mississippi, Ohio, Alabama, Georgia, United States, Kansas, Iowa, Arkansas, Idaho, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Granville County, North Carolina, borough, Pennsylvania, Maine, New York, Michigan, Edmonton, Alberta, Nova Scotia, Indiana, census-designated place, New Jersey, Nebraska, Maryland, Wisconsin, settlement, Saint Croix, United States Virgin Islands, unincorporated, community, Colorado, Florida, Kentucky, West Virginia, Canterbury, New Zealand, shoe, leather, graft, pompadour, ellipsis, dictionary, Oxford, Oxónia, and Oxônia.
- (Received Pronunciation) enPR: ŏks'fəd, IPA(key): /ˈɒksfəd/
- (Received Pronunciation, dated) enPR: ôks'fəd, IPA(key): /ˈɔːksfəd/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (General American, Canada) enPR: äks'fərd, IPA(key): /ˈɑksfɚd/
Audio (CA) (file)
- The University of Oxford.
- A city in Oxfordshire, England, famous for its university.
England definition(1 of 6 England definitions)
- An English habitational surname derived from the city in England.
- A city, the county seat of Lafayette County, Mississippi; named for the city in England.
- A city in Ohio.
- A city in Alabama.
- A city in Georgia, United States; named for the university.
Georgia definition(1 of 2 Georgia definitions)
United States definition(1 of 5 United States definitions)
- A city in Kansas.
- A city in Iowa; named for its township, itself named for the town in New York.
- A city in Arkansas.
- A city in Idaho.
- A town in Massachusetts.
Massachusetts definitionA state of the United States.
- A town in Connecticut; named for the city in England.
- A town, the county seat of Granville County, North Carolina.
- A borough of Pennsylvania.
- A town in Maine; named for the city in England.
Maine definition(1 of 8 Maine definitions)
- A town and village in New York; named for the town in Massachusetts.
- A village in Michigan.
- A neighborhood of Edmonton, Alberta.
- A town in Nova Scotia.
- A town in Indiana.
- A census-designated place in New Jersey.
- A village in Nebraska.
- A town in Maryland.
- A town and village in Wisconsin.
- A settlement on Saint Croix, in the United States Virgin Islands.
Saint Croix definitionThe largest of the islands in the United States Virgin Islands.
- An unincorporated community in Colorado.
- An unincorporated community in Florida.
- An unincorporated community in Kentucky.
- An unincorporated community in West Virginia.
West Virginia definitionA state of the United States.
- A town in Canterbury, New Zealand.
New Zealand definition(1 of 4 New Zealand definitions)
Oxford (plural Oxfords)
- A variety of shoe, typically made of heavy leather.
- 1908, O. Henry, A Tempered Wind
Shoe definitionA protective covering for the foot, with a bottom part composed of thick leather or plastic sole and often a thicker heel, and a softer upper part made of leather or synthetic material. Shoes generally do not extend above the ankle, as opposed to boots, which do. (1 of 15 shoe definitions)
- (by ellipsis) An Oxford Dictionary.
Ellipsis definitionA mark consisting of (in English) three periods, historically or more formally with spaces in between, before, and after them “ . . . ”, or more recently a single character “…” Ellipses are used to indicate that words have been omitted in a text or that they are missing or illegible. (1 of 5 ellipsis definitions)
Dictionary definitionA reference work with a list of words from one or more languages, normally ordered alphabetically, explaining each word's meaning, and sometimes containing information on its etymology, pronunciation, usage and translations, as well as other data. (1 of 4 dictionary definitions)
- (shoe): balmoral
- Oxford (any of the various localities or the Oxford University)
- Tyttäreni opiskelee Oxfordissa.
- My daughter is studying in Oxford.
|Inflection of Oxford (Kotus type 5/risti, no gradation)|
|Possessive forms of Oxford (type risti)|
Oxford m inan
- Oxford in Polish dictionaries at PWN