This page has two definitions of Earth in English. Earth is a proper noun. Also define these 12 related words and terms: third, planet, Solar System, world, human, live, personification, earth, fertile, woman, religion, and goddess.
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɜːθ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɝθ/
Audio (UK) (file) Audio (US, California) (file) Audio (file)
- Rhymes: -ɜː(ɹ)θ
Earth (plural Earths)
- The third planet of the Solar System; the world upon which humans live.
- 2012, Ken Adams, Earth 2... It's Where You Go When You Die:
- It's my theory that we'll keep being reborn on as many Earths as it takes until every person gets it exactly right from the moment they are born until the moment they die.
- For quotations using this term, see Citations:Earth.
- The personification of the Earth or earth, (chiefly) as a fertile woman or (religion) goddess.
The capitalized form usually occurs when it is contrasted with the names of other celestial bodies or realms:
- From the Earth to the Moon
- What is the distance between Earth and Mars?
- (third planet of the Solar System): globe, God's green earth, Sol III, Terra, the world
- (world inhabited by mankind): Middle Earth (archaic or pagan); Midgard (Germanic religion)
- (personification): See Mother Earth for female forms
- (planets of the Solar System) planets of the Solar System; Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune
- (moon of Earth) Luna/Moon/moon 
- ♁, ⊕
|Solar System in English · Solar System (layout · text)|