This page has 13 definitions of Cambridge with English translations in 4 languages. Cambridge is a proper noun. Examples of how to use Cambridge in a sentence are shown. Also define these 24 related words and terms: Cambridgeshire, England, county seat, Henry County, Illinois, United States, Dorchester County, Maryland, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, Isanti County, Minnesota, Guernsey County, Ohio, Lamoille County, Vermont, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, Waikato, New Zealand, Cambridge, Cantabrígia, and Cambrígia.
- Cambrige (obsolete)
From Middle English Cantebrigge, Grentebrige, from Old English Grante bryċġ, Granta-briċġ, Grantanbryċġ (“Granta-bridge”). Granta is probably of Celtic origin, identified as Brythonic settlement, Cair Grauth. Doublet of Cam.
By Middle English when the name of the settlement had changed to "Cantebrigge" and eventually "Cambridge", the lower stretches of the River Granta were renamed Cam by back-formation from Cambridge.
- A city and local government district of Cambridgeshire, England famous for its university.
England definition(1 of 6 England definitions)
- Cambridge University.
- He went to Cambridge, you know.
- A village, the county seat of Henry County, Illinois, United States.
United States definition(1 of 5 United States definitions)
- A city, the county seat of Dorchester County, Maryland, United States.
- A city in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, United States, famous for being the location of Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. It was formerly one of the county seats.
Massachusetts definitionA state of the United States.
- A city, the county seat of Isanti County, Minnesota, United States.
- A city, the county seat of Guernsey County, Ohio, United States.
- A town and village in Lamoille County, Vermont, United States.
- A city in the Regional Municipality of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
Canada definition(1 of 5 Canada definitions)
- A town in the Waikato, New Zealand.
New Zealand definition(1 of 4 New Zealand definitions)
- Cambridge (a city in England)
Cantabrígia definitioncambridge (a city in England)
Cambrígia definitioncambridge (a city in England)